- Drink plenty of water throughout the day before coming to class. Hydration is very important.
- Arrive 10 minutes before class begins.
- First time students arrive 20 minutes before class.
- Try and leave valuables at home if you can.
- Turn off cell phones and pagers.
- Please refrain from heavy perfumes, soaps or colognes.
- Voices carry, so please speak quietly when waiting hallway or office area prior to class.
- Please refrain from excessive conversation in the yoga room. Many students use the time before class to quietly meditate and center themselves as they prepare for class.
- Never hold your breath. Breathe, Breathe, Breathe!!!
- Drink water whenever you feel it necessary. Hydration is very important.
- Do your very best to stay in the yoga room once class begins. If you’re feeling dizzy, lightheaded or nauseous, lie in savasana or child’s pose. Leaving the room can sometimes increase feelings of sickness or anxiety. Most people respond better by simply lying down and focusing on deep breathing. It’s okay to sit out at anytime.
- If you need to leave class, make eye contact with your instructor so he/she knows you’re ok.
- Practice stillness between postures.
- Honour the silence of the room by moving quietly.
- Do not talk during class.
- Observe silence during and after the final savasana (meditation).
- Leave the room quietly. Respect others.
- If you rented a mat from us, put it in the used mat bin. Towels go in the laundry hamper.
- Be thankful for the peace and energy you’re taking with you from class and enjoy the rest of your day!
- Santosha Yoga reserves the right to refuse admission to any person to its yoga classes when it is determined that such admission may adversely affect the class or other students. This is to promote harmony and is for the benefit of the entire class. Thank you for your understanding.